Did you know, Employees who are unhappy at work become 10% less productive than satisfied employees? While many players have a role in employee happiness, one that is very much under our control is making sure of a person’s comfort at their desk. Foot Hammocks can help individuals stay motivated and productive yet relaxed. An under desk hammock for your feet is a great way “to keep it up”.
Bad ergonomics, especially in the workplace or home office, can be attributed to a whole range of factors. When you’re at a desk for extended periods of time and in an unfavorable posture, you may feel strain on your feet. One of the most important factors is the position of your feet which can result in poor circulation.
Standing up for regular breaks is important, however another solution to help address this issue is a feet hammock for your desk. A desk foot hammock is designed to reduce the strain by lifting your feet to a comfortable level to rest in position on a foot hammock.
While the office desk may necessitate the need for a foot hammock the most, there are a few alterations enabling use of similar contraptions in other locations where there may be a limit on circulation. These include modes of transport like airplanes and cars. Do you remember the last time you were aboard a long-haul flight and felt like your feet were numb? Feel that way no more! A modification of the traditional office foot hammock is also suited for use on airplanes!
It is imperative that you choose an under desk hammock for your feet that is right for you- and this could be based on their use, adjustability and unique features.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Advantages of Using Hammock for Feet Under the Desk
We all look forward to putting our feet up at the end of a long work day, why not put the feet up and boost your productivity while at work and claim several health benefits? Here are a few of the benefits of using office foot hammocks:
- Improved blood circulation: Remaining in the seated posture for continuous extended durations of time causes circulation issues. There are several manifestations of poor circulation but the first few signs would be increased fatigue, swelling and pain. Tackle these circulation related concerns early on by investing in a hammock for your feet hanging under the desk.
- Better posture ensured: We all know just how bad slouching is for the body and with an office foot hammock, a better posture is guaranteed! The open hip angle when your feet are up reduces the strain on your spinal discs.
- Reduced strain on the lower back: Today’s increasingly lethargic lifestyle with people stuck to their desks coupled with a bad posture have led to a lot of people developing lower back issues at younger ages. As an extension of the previous point, opening of the hip angle and propping your feet up on the under desk hammock will reduce strain on the lumbar spine.
- Makes the user more comfortable (and happier): One of the main reasons why people love using desk foot rest hammocks is how comfortable it makes them feel. With your feet up and no strain on your lower back, you’re bound to be less distracted, more focused and productive.
Things to Consider before you Buy a Under Desk Foot Hammock
Here are a few things to keep in mind before you buy an under desk foot hammock:
- Use: Foot hammocks could be either for use in the office, or for additional comfort during long-distance travel. Based on use, it is important to buy a foot hammock that can be installed in the location you intend on using it. Some office foot hammocks do not have the straps to loop around the tray table onboard a flight so would not be appropriate for usage on flights. That being said, there are a few foot hammocks which can be used for both purposes.
- Installation: Easy installation is key! There’s nothing worse than being stuck on an aisle seat and taking the time to install a foot hammock and having to take it apart every time your co-passenger wants to go to the loo. So, look for a foot hammock which boasts the easiest installation process instead of one to appease the frequent flier in you.
- Portability: While comfort is the priority when it comes to hammocks for feet under the office desk, portability runs the show for when you’re up in the air. Look for feet hammocks that are light and fold away into tiny bags which can hook along the side of your cabin luggage if you want a dual use item.
- Material Used: Most office foot hammocks are made using layered cotton or nylon fabric which are great for when you’re barefoot. Some of them may even be padded or have premium memory foam for an added edge of comfort. Breathable mesh mats made of cotton is a better option for when you cannot be barefoot but still want to be relaxed.
Reviews For The Best Feet Hammocks for Desks
For an ease of understanding, we have segregated the foot hammocks based on where they could be used and further subdivided them based on their unique features.
Best Permanent Under Desk Foot Hammock (For Office Use Exclusively)
Be the envy of all your coworkers as they see you with your feet up on the job.
This is claimed to be the best permanent under desk foot hammock for a reason- it is comfortable and does its job well! The breathable multi-layered cotton fabric lends your feet added comfort and cooling.
In case the height is not suited to you on first use, it can be adapted using the adjustable straps. This contraption can easily support a weight of up to 85 lbs so you have nothing to worry about- just put your feet up and get right to work!
This permanent fixture at your desk may even inspire your colleagues to invest in something similar!
- Sturdy and wobble-free as compared to all other options owing to the installation of clamps
- Great value for money
- Comes with a complimentary holder to hang your bag or headphones keeping your office desk free of clutter
- Cannot be adapted for use on desks with curved edges or a desk with a drawer on the side
Most Comfortable Under Desk Foot Hammock (Office and Travel Friendly)
With the endless hours spend at your workstation, an investment in comfortable foot support should not be undervalued.
Without a doubt, this foot hammock is the most comfortable under desk foot hammock out there! Just adjust to your desired length, lock and hang it to unlock unlimited relaxation!
You don’t have to worry about this foot hammock taking too much space in your cabin luggage too if you want to take it travelling. With the cozy memory foam hammock fabric to support your feet, this will be your top travel accessory for those long-haul flights for sure or become a permanent fixture at your desk.
- Foam cushion in the center to separate both feet from resting on each other like most other foot hammocks
- Extremely portable
- May be smaller in size than it appears
Best Portable Under Desk Foot Hammock (Office and Travel Friendly)
For a dual use option with maximum functionality, this might be the hammock for you.
If you’re on the lookout for the best portable under desk foot hammock to alleviate those pesky office or travel aches from being seated hours on end, this may be just the one for you.
This portable foot hammock comes in a compact bag with all the necessary accessories for installation- both for desk (hooks provided) and travel use (adjustable straps provided). The soft nylon fabric used to make this hammock ensures superior comfort and allows for it to have a higher weight capacity.
- Interchangeable for both desk and travel use
- Portable and easy installation
- Adjustable straps
- Great value for money
- The hooks for desk use may not be as sturdy as expected
Buyers Choice Best Foot Hammock (Travel Friendly Only)
While this post is primarily about under desk foot hammocks, we thought it may inspire you to consider one exclusively for long haul travel as well.
This travel friendly foot hammock is one for the books- lightweight, easy portability with a compact travel bag! Don’t worry if you’re stuck in economy on your next flight, this foot hammock gives you first class comfort!
It’s as simple as three steps- strap the harness to the seat ahead of you, adjust to the height of your choice, snap and enjoy relaxation like never before. Don’t worry of upsetting the person seated next to you on the flight since it will not encroach onto their space. Perhaps, they may get inspired and invest in one themselves!
- Portable and easy to use on flights for use
- Easy three-step installation
- Length of straps can be adjusted to fit short and tall individuals
- It may be advertised as suitable for desk use but the straps do not stretch to the size of a conventional desk
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About Under Desk Foot Hammocks
Question: How can I install an under desk foot hammock?
Answer: The installation process may vary depending on where you intend on fixing the foot hammock. Office foot hammocks for desks usually require you to bolt a clamp onto the underside of the desk or fix a strap that could engage the desk in some way. After the initial hardware is installed, subsequent use is fairly simple.
In the instance of foot hammocks used by frequent fliers, the strap hooks around the tray table so no additional fix points are required. In cars, it could hook around the headrest of the seat ahead.
Question: Can the same foot hammock be used interchangeably attached to my office desk and home office setup?
Answer: Provided that a similar supportive hardware is installed in both locations, the foot hammock can definitely be used interchangeably between the two locations.
The Best Desk Foot Rest Hammocks For You
The first thing to do when you decide on buying a foot rest hammock is to determine where exactly you intend on using it. If you want to hang it on your office desk only, a Auoinge Permanent Under Desk Foot Hammock may be just the option for you. It is a sturdy way to ensure all the benefits of under desk foot hammocks.
For a more versatile option which allows easy portability and installation at a desk or when you travel, look for an easily adjustable, comfortable and portable foot hammock instead. Either the Custom Foot Hammock for extreme comfort, or the WIWAPLEX Under Desk Foot Rest Hammock will suit you perfectly.
However, if comfortable travel is the only intention on your agenda, the Buyer’s Choice Airplane Foot Hammock may be better suited.