I think you will agree that in nice weather, one of the most relaxing settings to take a nap is outdoors.
Outdoors hammocks are most commonly associated with long naps in the middle of the day as you soak up some much-needed Vitamin D! However you can actually get a great day or night’s sleep with the right selection for your outdoor hammock bed. The specifications you’ll need to look at when hanging hammocks outdoors for both day and night hammocking varies greatly, which is exactly where our expert guide and reviews below can help you.
When it comes to outdoor beds of any kind, comfort and durability are the top two factors to consider along with where and how you are going to hang it.
In this article I’ve reviewed the best outdoor hammock beds with a range of features to suit your specific circumstance. All these products are top quality with minimum 4 star user review ratings.
Table of Contents
- Best Choice Products Outdoor Hanging Curved Steel Chaise Lounge Chair Swing with Built-in Pillow and Removable Canopy
Reviews For The Best Outdoors Hammocks
Let’s take a look at the several different types and options of the best outdoor hammocks to inch you closer to unlocking the bliss that comes with spending the day lounging and sleeping in one.
Outdoor Hammock Swing BedLooking for a bed hammock swing to spend the days and nights relaxing in? This covered hammock swing bed with a stand may just be the one for you.
One of the most reliable measures to estimate the longevity of a product that would remain outdoors for extended periods of time is how it responds to prolonged heat exposure.
Safe to say that this garden swing hammock bed is built to last! It refrains from fading color or changing shape while also being moisture and decay resistant.
If it does get dirty, maintenance is as simple as can be. Clean using a soft cloth with a little soap. The frame is made of teak and larch hardwood, making it all-weather friendly.
The second factor to consider is just how comfortable it would be to lay in an outdoor hammock bed and the adjustability on this model allows you to change the height for what works best for you and your body. What’s best is you can cuddle up alongside your loved one, given that it can easily support up to 400 lbs.
The aesthetic one-of-a-kind design of this garden swing hammock bed with a canopy is also going to elevate your outdoor spaces as it becomes everyone’s new favorite spot at home.
- All-weather resistance, ideal for leaving outdoors all through the year
- Durable teak and larch hardwood frame
- Aesthetic design for the feature garden piece
- Adjustable hammock length
- Holds up to 400 lbs and can be used as a double hammock
- Easy maintenance and cleaning
- Slightly challenging installation process
Outdoor Hanging Hammock BedIn search of a floating hammock nest bed for your backyard to rest and lounge in? This round hanging hammock bed ticks all the right boxes!
Coming in two pleasant color options to suit the tone and elevate your outdoor spaces, the hanging bed hammock has a durable circular steel frame with soft comfortable bedding and a pillow- all to complete your personal cozy nook.
Holding up to 264 lbs in weight and made of 100% heavy duty cotton, retire into this comfortable cocoon for a mid-day siesta or to doze off through the night.
- Budget-friendly price for the quality offered
- Durable circular steel frame with 100% cotton fabric
- Comfortable support pillow included
- Aesthetic and modern nest-like design
- Easy setup process with screws and detailed instructions included
- Lightweight & portable
- Only two color options to choose from
- Requires purchase of a tripod stand separately for suspension unless you have a beam or tree available
- Cannot be left outdoors all year long as it isn’t waterproof or fade-resistant
Outdoor Swing Chair BedFinding the right type of outdoor swing chair bed for your backyard may be challenging but this chaise lounger with great reviews may be a fairly easy pick.
Best Choice Products Outdoor Hanging Curved Steel Chaise Lounge Chair Swing with Built-in Pillow and Removable Canopy
Allowing for a weight of up to 265 lbs, it is the ideal cozy nook for a solo day out in the sun, to curl up with a book and take a well-deserved nap in. The relaxing swaying and bouncing motion it offers lulls the user right to sleep.
The bright colors and the stunning curved design can breathe life into your outdoor spaces while serving its functionality. The chaise lounger seat is supported by a durable tempered steel cantilever for a suspended lounging experience unlike other hammocks.
The thick foam cushions and the removable headrest made of polyester, designed ergonomically, definitely help amp up the comfort factor!
The shade canopy which can be removed as required, surely comes in handy on those extra sunny afternoons when you want to absorb some Vitamin D and intend on keeping the sun off your face!
- Durable tempered steel cantilever offering a unique suspended lounging experience
- Thick ergonomic foam cushions and headrest made of polyester provided
- Removable shade canopy available
- Ideal for one person, for weight allowance of 265 lbs
- Modern chaise lounger design
- Several color options to choose from
- Claims to be all-weather resistant but complaints of rust from users
Outdoor Hammock Bed With StandFinalizing on a good-quality garden hammock bed may seem challenging at first, but this outdoor hammock bed with a stand is the stuff that all hammocking dreams are made of. What’s best is you needn’t worry about having to find two trees to suspend it off of- the stand does the trick.
With a durable hardwood varnish-coated spreader bar which retains its glory come rain or shine coupled with the powder-coated steel tube stand, polyester pad and a polyethylene stuffed pillow to support your head, enjoy the goodness of a hammock all year long.
The pleasant design of the hammock is only elevated by the stunning and unique polyester ropes connecting the wooden spreader and the bed. Supporting a weight of up to 275 lbs comfortably and quite wide, it is safe to say that this is too good to share.
- Easy tool-free assembly process
- All-weather friendly, ideal for leaving outdoors
- Durable steel stand for longevity
- Comfortable polyester pad and a pillow provided too with polyethylene stuffing
- Several colors to choose from
- May fade on continuous sun exposure
Outdoor Double Hammock BedHammock fun for everyone – if that’s your intention with your outdoor hammock, then this outdoor 2-person hammock bed is the way to go.
Cuddle up your significant other, the kids or a pet in this beachy Brazilian-style double hammock made of tightly woven cotton fabric. It will leave you feeling as though you are suspended in a cocoon.
Holding a weight of up to 450 lbs with a heavy-duty tempered steel frame, enjoy your outdoor hammocking goodness all year long. Easy portability is assured granted the simple assembly and disassembly process and the provision of a carry bag.
- Double hammock holding a weight of up to 450 lbs
- Aesthetic Brazilian cocoon style hammock made of cotton
- Easy to assemble
- Tempered steel frame provided
- Good portability with carrying case provided
- Economical price
- Several colors to choose from
- Frame prone to rust when exposed to rain so recommended to stow away in wet weather
Outdoor Portable Double Chaise Lounge Hammock Bed With Sunshade And WheelsWant to spend the day out in the sun and enjoy its warmth as you nap away without ending up sunburnt? This outdoor portable double chaise lounge hammock bed with sunshade and wheels may just do the trick!
Wheel it to a convenient spot in your backyard and pull in the shade to welcome the nap of your dreams, quite literally.
Unlike most other outdoor hammock beds, this is suitable to remain outdoors all through the year owing to the weather-resistant ability of both the textilene fabric of the hammock, the UV protecting shade, and the rust-resistant tubular steel stand.
Lest it gets dirty, a simple wash or wipe down with a damp cloth would do the trick making for simple maintenance. Comfortably sleeping two people weighing up to 500 lbs, this outdoor hammock bed amps up the comfort factor with the provided pillows.
- All weather resistance assured
- Can be used as double hammock bed holding up to 500 lbs
- Supported by durable rust-resistant steel stand
- Comes with retractable (and removable) sunshade with UV protection
- Bedding and sunshade made of textilene fabric
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Pillows provided
- All equipment for installation provided
- Easily portable within a given area owing to provision of wheels
- May blow away even during fairly light winds, so it would be important to weigh the hammock bed down in windy regions
Outdoor Hammock Bed With CanopyInvesting in a good quality covered canopy hammock bed is a great option if you intend on spending a lot of time outdoors. This double hammock bed is a good pick to sleep two people weighing up to 440 lbs.
With a fairly simple tool free installation and disassembly process, you’re not far from the ultimate hammocking experience. With a powder-coated steel frame ensuring durability and the comfort of the textile and pillows provided, roll in the canopy and sleep in the shade.
Being rust-resistant, it is fairly easy to clean and maintain too. What’s best is that the wheels on the back allow you to move it around your backyard without any significant effort.
- Easy to assembly without additional tools
- Durable rust-resistant powder coated steel frame
- Retractable and removable canopy
- Pillows provided for added comfort
- Easy to spot-clean and maintain
- Good portability within a designated area owing to provision of wheels
- Double outdoor hammock bed allowing weight of up to 440 lbs
- Only one color option to choose from
Outdoor Mosquito Net Hammock BedYes, you love being outdoors on a warm summer’s evening taking in the sights and sounds of nature but could really do without the mosquito love bites? We feel you- and so does his outdoor mosquito net hammock bed!
This chocolate-colored hammock may not be the epitome of beauty, but it sure offers the ruggedness and camping vibes that you may be hoping to recreate in your backyard.
Made of a sturdy powder-coated rust-resistant steel frame and weather-resistant fabric, this outdoor hammock can very well become a fixture in your backyard all through the year. The breathable mosquito net provided is made using high-density polyester fibers.
Too good to share, this outdoor net can support a weight of up to 300 lbs. The detachable design makes it incredibly easy to put together and take apart too. The tool-free assembly process makes things a lot simpler.
- Sturdy weather and rust-resistant powder-coated steel frame
- Simple tool-free assembly and disassembly process
- All-weather friendly with water resistant fabric
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Breathable polyester mosquito net provided
- Sleeps one person comfortably with weight allowance of 300 lbs
The Ultimate Buying Guide For Investing In An Outdoor Hammock Bed
Given the multitude of outdoor hammock beds available online, you are spoilt for choice when it comes to investing in one to fit your needs. Take a look at the factors below and pick the features of the hammock to get an outdoor hammock bed that’s right for you.
1. Outdoor Hammock Bed Style and Design
People have different ideas about the ideal style and design of outdoor beds. While a few want to keep things simple with a cotton Brazilian style hammock, some lean towards floating hammock nest beds, others prefer a more intricate swing bed setup.
There are plenty to choose from below, so consider alternatives to the traditional hammock style if you have the budget and space.
2. Choice of Material
Durability is key – Look for fabrics and frames that are all-weather resistant, so you needn’t take them apart and stow away in storage with every season.
3. How many people can sleep in the outdoor bed at a given time?
While most outdoor hammock beds come in single varieties, if cuddling is your thing, you may want to consider a double hammock bed instead. Another thing to keep in mind is the width of the hammock and its weight allowance – which brings us to our next point in this buying guide.
4. Weight Allowance
While the average weight allowance offered by a single hammock is 250 lbs, there are a few options supporting up to 300 lbs. Double hammock varieties could allow for weights ranging from 400 lbs to 500 lbs.
5. Suspension of the Outdoor Hammock
How to hang your outdoor hammock bed is most often the million-dollar question that makes or breaks the decision for you. Hanging the hammock between two trees does not have to be the only option though.
Several hammock beds come with frames or stands, while others can be suspended from singular vertical mounting points. If you pick the space where you want it firstly, there will probably be a product that will work for what you need without too much compromise.
Portability is usually not one of those big factors for outdoor hammocks but if you invest in one that needs to be stored away, it would be wise to ensure that it comes with a carrying case and is easy to assemble and disassemble. The provision of wheels may be a factor for someone who wants to move the hammock around within a designated space too – especially if you will chase the shade around the back yard.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Outdoor Hammock Beds
Here is the most common concerns and answers for people looking to purchase an outdoor hammock bed.
Can you leave hammocks outside?
It really depends on the type of hammock you have and where you live. As a general rule, hammock materials can fade with sunlight and moisture can weaken the seams holding them together. Hammock stands can deteriorate and rust over time. However, if you are in an area with mild temperatures and conditions and you buy a product with fade and rust resistance, you should get many years out of your product.
There are a wide range of outdoor hammock bed styles available to cater for any outdoor setting. Styles include the more traditional hammock style, to flat hanging beds to loungers which means anyone can grab one of these products and have a better way to relax in the great outdoors.