I think you’ll agree that Kids love resting, relaxing and lounging in cozy nooks for a break, just as much as adults do.
There are plenty of stylish options to spice up your room with a kids hanging pod, hanging egg chair or a cocoon chair. One look at Pinterest’s kids room decor ideas will lend anyone an image of the popularity of kids hammocks these days.
A kids hanging chair comes with numerous benefits, which we highlight later in this article, and it really spruces up an indoor or outdoor space. They are versatile in terms of placement and come in a wide variety of kid-friendly designs that your little ones will love!
In this article I’ve reviewed the best Kids Hanging Chairs and developed a handy buyers guide. All the products come with top reviews and user satisfaction so your kids can hang out in style and comfort.
Table of Contents
Reviews For The Best Children’s Hammock Chairs for Indoor / Outdoor Use
With the wide array of options for kids hanging chairs out there, it may seem impossible to arrive at a decision. Here are some of the best reviewed children’s hammock chairs available.
The Best Kids Swing Chair
Your kids will love jumping onto this outdoor chair for a gentle swing while they lay back and relax. It’s no wonder this style of chair is increasing in popularity starting to appear in more and more playgrounds.
On the hunt for a children’s swing chair for those aged five and above, suitable for both indoor and outdoor use? This may just be the perfect one.
The cool net seat design of this chair made of nylon, coupled with the durable steel tube and mounting accessories, allows for a tilt of maximum 45° to guarantee both fun and safety.
This saucer-shaped spinner hanging swing chair for kids is wonderful for both the active and the docile types! Attach it onto a tree or swing set when outdoors and have 2 to 3 kids entertained at a time with its weight allowance of 220 lbs.
The quick and secure installation process with all hardware necessary provided, can even be easily taken apart and stored too.
- Easy to install and take down once assembled
- Large swing which can support up to three children at a time, with weight allowance of 220 lbs
- Cool design with net seat
- All hardware needed for set up provided as part of the kit
- Some complaints of the hardware provided not fitting well making initial assembly challenging
The Best Kids’ Hammock SwingIf you’re looking for a calming effect for an excitable child, this hammock swing can be a great addition to your home.
- Calming effect, beneficial for those with autism, ADHD and sensory processing disorder
- Can be used in a seated or lying down position
- Easy to install with all hardware provided
- Cocooning effect similar to a warm hug
- Can support up to 200 lbs
- Instructions may be confusing (however, video tutorial for installation helps cover this drawback)
The Best Kids’ Hammock Chair
When style matters, consider a children’s hammock chair to add a comfortable yet stylish area for your child to relax and unwind.
- Aesthetic macrame design
- Can be used in swing or pivot function, based on installation of anchor points
- Sturdy cotton and polyester fabric
- Can support up to 230 lbs
- Does not come with a chain or any hanging hardware needed for installation
The Best Kids’ Indoor HammockSick of the kids sprawled all over the lounge why you are trying to watch your favorite show – one of these little beauties will help you reclaim your lounge and offer them a great spot to relax.
- Comes with comfortable cushion
- Easy installation with hardware provided
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor use
- Available in a variety of colors to choose from
- Pod-like modern design offering a sense of safety and comfort
- Allows a weight of only 100 lbs
Quite similar to the pod-like design of the previous hammock, this indoor hanging chair for kids is sure to be a family favorite. Reasonably simple to install with all necessary hardware provided, you get a secure and cozy nook for your kid quite soon.
It is also great for space-saving if you need to put it away owing to the inflatable nature of the cushion and the foldable fabric.
It has a weight allowance of up to 150 lbs and is suitable for those aged above 2 years. Hang it anywhere from a concrete ceiling, a hammock stand or even your favorite tree branch.
Made out of a cotton-canvas body with a comfortable inflatable EVA cushion, you’re going to have a tough time convincing your little one to get out of here!
- Can be used in a variety of locations, but better suited for indoor use
- Cozy and enveloped feel due to the pod-like nature of the hanging chair
- Easy installation with hardware provided
- Inflatable cushion provided
- Several colors to choose from
- Color has a tendency to transfer or fade
- Material may make the inside of the pod a lot warmer (some people consider this to be an advantage)
The Best Kids Hanging PodIf you are looking for a wide base pod with room for multiple kids, this one has got to be the winner.
A kids pod swing is a perfect addition to your children’s room as it is a fun place for them to relax and give them a place to feel secure. It is a great option for children with sensory processing issues or hyperactivity.
This hanging pod chair for kids made out of cotton, can easily support up to three kids at a time owing to its wide circumference and weight allowance of up to 250 lbs. This bright kids cocoon chair is reminiscent of a teepee and is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
The kids even get a sweeping view thanks to the cut-out peepholes.
- Cool teepee-like design with peepholes on the side
- Wide base and can easily fit three children weighing up to 250 lbs
- A good option for children with hyperactivity or sensory processing issues
- Reasonably priced
- Color may fade giving a dull appearance
- Some complaints of a weak zipper reducing the life of the pod
- Easy assembly process
- Universal hanging rope for indoor and outdoor hanging
- Wide enough for three people to use at a time, holding up to 600 lbs
- Waterproof play tent provided
- Reasonably priced
- The play tent does not attach well onto the rest of the swing
The Best Swing Chair for ToddlersKeep your toddler entertained while its raining at the park with an indoor toddler swing chair.
In search of a suitable indoor swing chair for toddlers to replace the ones at the park. This aesthetic bucket-shaped swing chair is a safer and more aesthetic option as compared to the park swings while being a great way to keep your toddler entertained.
Safety is ensured with it marine-grade ropes and lockable carabiners. Made out of cotton-canvas durable fabric and being suited for double-sided use, it even comes with wooden movable toy attachments for the kid to play with as they swing.
The cushion can be removed to accommodate your growing baby too and it can hold up to 110 lbs!
- Classy design
- Easy to set up and portable with its carry bag provided
- Safe and secure thanks to marine-grade ropes and lockable carabiners
- Wooden moveable toy attachments to keep toddler entertained
- Easy to wash and maintain
- Available only in one color
The Best Kids Hanging Chair for BedroomGive your kids somewhere to hang out in their bedroom with an indoor hanging chair.
If you are searching for a cute hanging chair for the kids’ room suitable for those aged three and above to relax in, this lightweight pod-like hanging chair may be the perfect addition. Comfortably seating and supporting up to 170 lbs of weight, there’s enough space in there for your little one and their favorite toys.
The cotton canvas hanging chair also comes with an equally durable PVC cushion which can be separated easily and sent to clean too. It is better suited for indoor use, but can be placed outside in some instances, owing to its portability being just 2.4 lbs in weight.
Easy to install with carabiners provided, this kids hanging chair for the bedroom is going to be your little ones favorite nook.
- Budget friendly
- Durable cotton canvas fabric
- PVC cushion provided
- Can comfortably support up to 70 lbs
- Portable and suitable for indoor and outdoor use interchangeably
- Hanging hardware not included as part of the kit
- Limited color options
- Color has a tendency to fade over time
The Advantages of Getting your Child a Hammock Chair
As a parent who only wants the best for their kid, here are a few reasons why you should buy them a kids hammock chair for their room or outdoor area!
Yes, you love how it looks but the advantages go way beyond how they up the aesthetics of the kids space. The benefits of a children’s hammock chair are:
1. Motor development
While the kids are having fun playing on their hammocks, they also happen to be developing on their motor skills learning improved coordination and muscle development.
2. Improved concentration
The swinging action on the hammock will aid in enhancing the concentration power of a child by synchronizing their brain waves.
3. Relaxing effect of swinging chair or bed
Swinging in a hammock can have a calming effect on some children and can act as a retreat-like spot for children to partake in their favorite activities.
Some parents even install a kids hammock swing or chair in their ‘calm down corner’ or area along with other activities which may calm the children down when frustrated or angry. Look for a sensory therapy swing in particular if this is a priority.
We’ve also reviewed other styles of kids hammocks that can provide the same calming effect although they aren’t hanging chairs.
4. Looks great in their rooms
While this is more of a consideration for the parents, adding a kids indoor hammock really spruces up the room and gives a room a great focal point.
What to Consider Before Buying a Kids Hanging Chair
There are a few things to keep in mind as you narrow down your options of kids hanging chairs to buy. The two most important parameters are the age of the child in question and the different types of children’s hammock chairs available.
If you don’t find a hanging chair here that you want, we’ve reviewed a selection of top children’s hammocks with stands here.
1. Age of child
The age of the child in question plays a major role in selection of a children’s hammock chairs. The chair should be of an appropriate size and should allow for motions in line with the kid’s developmental milestones.
There are swing chairs for toddlers available that are very different from the children’s hammock chairs that are designed for kids aged a little older.
2. Types of kids hanging chairs
The different varieties of kids hanging chairs available include the
– kids hammock (which allows your child to relax in a supine position) and
– children’s hammock chairs (akin to suspended chairs).
Modern varieties of the hammock chairs include a kids hanging pod, hanging egg chair and the cocoon chair.
3. Weight Rating
Ensure you know what the product is rated to before making your selection as they can vary between products. Larger hanging chairs may be suitable for multiple kids if the rating supports it.
The cheapest kids hanging chairs will set you back around $40, however stronger chairs designed for multiple children may cost you up to $200.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Kids’ Hanging Chairs
When it comes to furniture or any items for the kids room, every parent has a few concerns and queries. Same goes for the kids hammocks so here’s answers to the questions most frequently asked.
Is a kids hammock dangerous?
The most commonly asked question when it comes to a kids hanging chair is if it is dangerous. They are no more dangerous than other swings, but kids don’t have quite the reputation of being gentle on their furniture!
It is advised to err on the side of caution by positioning a kids hanging chair for the bedroom above soft carpeting or cushions. A few people even place their kids hammock (where the kid can lie down in a supine position) over the bed.
Avoid placing it over hard surfaces with sharp objects with potential for injury around. If the child does fall, the carpet or pillows can cushion the blow preventing serious implications.
For an outdoor kids hammock swing – it is best to supervise them while they are playing as things can quickly get out of hand. It’s also best if they can be positioned on grass without obstacles around the swing they can bump into.
In what way and where can I hang up the kids’ hanging chair?
The beauty of having so many different types of kids hanging chairs is that there are no limitations to how they could be used. A few styles of kids hammocks can be hung anywhere in their room, over their beds or even under a loft bed!
The children’s hammock chair variety looks great just suspended from the ceiling. A few modifications of kids indoor hammocks even provide stands for an easier installation and relocation.
The Final Children’s Hanging Chair Verdict
The final verdict on the best children’s hanging chair is heavily dependent on what your priorities and intended usage are. They come packed with features and benefits with several varieties to choose from.
The first factor to keep in mind is the age of the kid as a swing chair for toddlers would be very different from a kids hammock chair.
If you’ve settled on a kids hammock chair, some are particularly suited for those children with hyperactivity or sensory processing issues which can offer a great area to calm them. If that is not a factor, consider weight rating and number of children to use at a time as some can hold up to three children at a given time.