Contrary to popular belief, there are plenty of budget-friendly hammocks which are cheap in cost, but still offer great quality and durability.
There are visions of luxury beach-side vacations and expensive escapes associated with hammocks, but it isn’t impossible to replicate those beach vibes while on a budget. The best budget hammocks still look expensive, and are as durable as their higher priced alternatives.
Sales like Black Friday can be a great way to grab a quality cheap hammock, but you’re pretty limited when you can buy it, and you need to be prepared for the risk of it being sold out. If you choose to get a cheap hammock over the more expensive options, a few things may have to be compromised on which I’ve detailed in the buyers guide below.
I’ve researched and reviewed the best cheap hammocks for maximum comfort, with minimum impact on the budget. All have minimum 4 star reviews and high customer satisfaction ratings.
Table of Contents
Reviews For The 9 Best Cheap Hammocks For Under $100
We’ve done the research for you and rounded up the nine best cheap and budget-friendly hammocks that you can buy online. All of which come with quality assurance through strong reviews, and are priced below $100.
We have also included a few cheap hammock stand only options in the end. However be careful to buy a hammock that fits the length of your stand if you want to mix and match stand and hammock products.
The Best Cheap Hammock Chair
If you have a beam under your porch, or a sturdy branch under your favorite tree, a hammock chair is a top pick. There are other great porch hammock options if you aren’t convinced on a hanging chair.
This cheap hammock swing chair is guaranteed to be your new favorite spot to relax when you’re at home. It may only be $30 but the comfort and durability of it is sure to make you think it costs a lot more!
The suave grey color with a contrasting horizontal hardwood spreader bar ensures that this will suit absolutely any style of decor. Sturdy in nature, it can easily support a weight capacity of up to 330 lbs. Made of superior and soft polyester/cotton fabric with a sponge to cushion you, this stylish yet cheap hammock chair is comfort redefined.
- Stylish design with fabric and wood
- Great value for money
- Built-in pocket to support books, phones and accessories
- Versatile for indoor and outdoor use
- Easy to install
- Pillows have to be purchased at an additional cost
- Few complaints of hardwood spreader bar or rope breaking
The Best Cheap Camping HammocksRelax in the great outdoors for less with our pick of the bunch for cheap camping hammocks.
A good camping hammock is a must-have in every adventure junkie’s travel kit and this budget camping hammock is a perfect addition. Being cheap and portable, it ticks all the boxes when it comes to comfort, durability and ease of use.
Made of heavy duty 210T parachute nylon (which is very durable and comfortable), this cheap camping hammock is available in both single and double hammock options.
Both of them easily fold down into a travel bag that weighs under 2 lbs and can support up to 500 lbs! All the equipment you need to set up your camping hammock is provided, so no hidden costs involved.
- Easy portability, simple to set up and pack up
- All necessary equipment for installation provided as part of this kit
- Reinforced construction ensures that there are no weak points and triple locking stitches make it durable
- Several color options to choose from
- The seam down the middle makes it uncomfortable if you are trying to achieve the diagonal lay – especially for taller people
The Best Cheap Hammock with Stand Set
Don’t wait for the trees to grow – When you want a truly portable option you can set up anywhere including the beach, a hammock and stand set is the way to go.
- Stand that can easily be adjusted and is durable for long-term use
- Simple tool free assembly and disassembly process with great portability including a carry case
- A wide variety of color options to pick from including plain and striped patterns
- User may feel completely cocooned (some believe that this is an advantage)
The Best Cheap Indoor HammocksFor an indoor porch swing option offering style and comfort, look no further.
- Aesthetic and reminiscent of bohemian chic decor styles
- Versatile for both indoor and outdoor use
- Sturdy and durable despite low cost
- Need additional hardware for installation
- Length of suspension should be measured before purchase to avoid hiccups
The Best Cheap 2 Person Hammock
You don’t have to relax by yourself – share the moment with your significant other with a two person hammock rated for multiple adults.
If you’re on the lookout for a cheap double hammock below $50 to lounge in, look no further! This cheap 2 person hammock is the epitome of comfort owing to the textilene fabric with vinyl coating keeping the stains at bay and can easily support a weight of up to 450 lbs.
It can be adjusted to indoor or outdoor use based on your preference, and is extremely durable and weather resistant.
- Versatile for indoor and outdoor use
- Weather resistant and easy to clean due to vinyl coating on textilene fabric
- Easy installation process
- If hung too tight, may cause user to slip when trying to enter or exit the hammock
- Does not come with a stand
The Best Cheap Rope HammocksIt’s no wonder you see these beauties strung between palm trees overlooking the ocean. Rope hammocks look great, are comfortable, durable and perfect for outdoor use – especially in the hotter environments.
For a cheap rope hammock to accommodate you and your loved one, this is a winner. Unlike the conventional rope hammock swings, this design allows you to lie down and take in the world as it passes you by.
The best advantage of choosing this over other hammocks, is that the tightly wound “eye” weave pattern promotes airflow to positively impact blood circulation and reduce stress.
This hammock can hold up to 450 lbs and also has great portability with a carrying case provided so you can take it with you on your next picnic or beach day!
- Aesthetic design with white rope and wood contrast
- Reasonable durability and stability
- Easy portability and storage with carrying case provided
- Requires installation with additional hardware which is not provided
- May be a little too loosely woven for a few people’s liking, needs to be re-tightened often
The Best Cheap Outdoor Hammocks
A great way to enjoy the outdoors is flat on your back with book or beer in hand.
- Several vibrant color options to choose from
- Comes with straps and carabiners needed to prop it up
- Easy portability
- Detailed instructions for set up provided by manufacturer to avoid confusion
- User may feel completely cocooned by this hammock (some consider this an advantage)
The Best Cheap Hammock Stand
If you’ve already got the hammock but sick of trying to find somewhere to hang it, this is for you.
- Easy installation and dismantling
- All hardware to put the hammock stand together is provided in the kit
- Simple to adjust the hammock height to suit your individual preference
- Hammock fabric not provided and will incur an additional cost
The Best Cheap Hammock Chair Stand
If you are looking to move your hammock chair from under the porch beam or tree branch to anywhere, a hammock chair stand is the way to go.
- Versatile for indoor and outdoor use
- Durable design and sturdy steel material
- 360° rotation possible
- Hammock chair has to be purchased separately
A Few Points to Consider Before Buying an Affordable Hammock
A quick search online can grant you thousands of results for cheap hammocks, but selecting the best one for your budget is important. Keep these points in mind before you begin to slide down the rabbit hole of search results for budget hammocks.
1. Intended Use
Your expectations for an outdoor camping hammock would be a stark contrast from what you would want from a lounging hammock. A lounging hammock is meant solely to relax in with comfort as the primary goal – portability is not an important factor to consider.
Camping hammocks, on the other hand, are more attuned to withstanding harsh climatic conditions and for roughing it in the great outdoors. They most definitely need to be portable in nature.
Often camping hammocks are priced lower than lounging hammocks so don’t bight off just on price. Before you invest in a cheap hammock – narrow down your options on the basis of intended use.
The material of a hammock greatly determines its cost. The material is highly influenced by the intended use.
- For lounging hammocks, the most affordable options include cheap rope hammocks or those made of cotton or polyester.
- For camping hammocks, the heavy duty yet budget-friendly 210T parachute nylon fabric is the material of choice.
3. Single hammock or double hammock?
The size of your hammock will definitely have an impact on its price. A single hammock will be able to bear a weight of up to 300 to 400 lbs, whereas double hammocks boast a capacity of up to 500 lbs.
Single hammocks are also narrower than the double option so if you want to curl up with your significant other, children or pet, then a double hammock may be the better option.
You’d be glad to know that even though they are priced higher, there are several cheap double hammocks out there too.
4. Accessories included
When scourging the cheap hammock deals online, keep an eye out on the reviews and inclusions to make sure that you get what you want. Many listings for cheap hammocks may only include the hammock fabric and you have to pick up the stand separately which can be quite costly.
For a hammock without a stand provided, do crosscheck if all the equipment (straps, carabiners, hooks) needed for suspension are provided and check if those hammocks come with a carry bag if you want more portability.
Many lounging hammocks usually come with pillows while a few cheap hammock options do not necessarily.