Beautiful, Comfortable, Functional.
A quality piece of furniture for the back yard or balcony doesn’t need to sacrifice comfort or durability to look great. And what’s even better, there’s room for you and your loved one.
In this article I’ll look at the pro’s and cons of the best 2 person hammocks with wooden stands available on the market so you can get the right hammock for you. If you’re unsure what to look for, I’ve got a handy buyers guide available too at the bottom of the article.
Table Of Contents
Reviews For The Best 2 Person Hammocks with Wooden Stands
Amp up your outdoor spaces with some of these best rated Double hammocks with wooden stands. They’re all aesthetically beautiful, functional, durable and made for 2! I’ve researched these products on the manufacturers pages and the online stores to find the best on the market and weigh up their pros and cons. All of these products have minimum 4 star user review ratings with strong customer satisfaction.
Best 2 Person Premium Quilted Hammock With Wooden Stand
Embrace the boho chic look with this 2 person quilted hammock with an eye catching, styling arc wooden stand. It will complement any outdoor space, but is best suited to an area in the backyard where it won’t have to move often, and has sun protection during the hours you want to use it – unless you are working on your tan.
Comfortably accommodating 2 individuals and allowing for a weight limit of up to 450 lbs, this coffee-stained styling wooden frame hammock boasts a frame made of European larch wood. It is also water treated to limit the deteriorating effects of moisture and exposure to rain and snow, lest you decide to leave it outdoors all year long.
The premium cotton fabric hammock ensures comfort to the users, certainly more than you would get from an afternoon siesta in a rope hammock. It is weather and fade resistant for outdoor durability. In addition to the above advantages, this hammock fabric can be used by suspending it between trees if you want to take it out of your back yard.
- Aesthetic boho appearance to add character to your space
- Durable European larch wood stand for long lasting comfort
- Wood is treated to reduce fading and prevent mold
- Weather and fade resistant, comfortable cotton fabric hammock – no rope marks on your back
- Can be used with or without stand for versatility
- Supports 2 people weighing up to 450 lbs
- It can flip over if you weight is not in the middle
- Only two color combinations of hammock to choose from
Best 2 Person Cotton Hammock With Wooden Stand
Fancy a Brazilian style hammock to sleep two complete with a styling wooden stand? This might just be the one for you! While this is not as eye pleasing as the previous wooden stand combo in my opinion, it is a bit cheaper and it is easier to not fall out of. A 2 person spreader bar hammock can be tricky until you get use to it.
With several vibrant colors and patterns of hammocks to choose from to offset the arc-shaped wooden stand (made of FSC-certified lumber), you’re sure to find a style to suit your taste. Relax alongside a loved one in this hammock that’s wide enough for 2, and supports a weight of up to 450 lbs.
The cotton bed is supported by resilient polyester strings which play a major role in the functionality as well as aesthetics. What’s best is the hammock can be adjusted easily to the height that suits the user best. If you like the brazilian style hammock and want it to look great, this is the 2 person cotton hammock with wooden stand for you.
- Adjustable hammock length and hang which is great for when the hammock stretches with time
- Stylish design
- Durable FSC-certified styling lumber stand
- Can easily accommodate two people up to 450 lbs
- Slightly more economical to other 2 person hammocks with wooden stand options
- Can be used all year long without fading or losing structure
- Available in several colors and patterns
- Average instructions for assembly and disassembly
- Restricted swinging motion if you’re into swinging
Best 2 Person Hammock With Wooden Stand And Canopy
If your tan lines don’t need any work, or you just don’t want to endure the elements while you’re relaxing on your hammock then this is the one for you. Unlike the previous hammock and stand combos, it comes with a stylish canopy for greater comfort in unprotected areas of your back yard while still looking stunning.
Made for those sunny summer days, this has protection guaranteed with the UV-resistant canopy. Lazing in the sun doesn’t get better or more comfortable than this. The stunning and contemporary art deco design of this hammock elevates the look of any outdoor space while adding a spot for two people to rest in. Talk about design and functionality!
This 2 person hammock with wooden stand and canopy is built to last outdoors with supreme water resilience and resistance to sun exposure. As they say, come rain, hail or shine! The fabric portion of the hammock is ergonomically designed using textiline fabric to cradle the users’ backs, making it a popular choice for people to even use as a replacement bed!
The hammock can support the weight of 2 people weighing up to 350 lbs. The simple assembly process with no additional hardware required ensures that you start relaxing soon after your hammock reaches your doorstep.
- Contemporary art deco design with superb aesthetics
- Sturdy, styling larch wood stand with 1-year warranty for peace of mind
- UV resistant removable canopy for sun protection and comfort
- Great for use all year long due to weather resistant properties
- Ergonomic textiline hammock
- No extra hardware required for installation
- Weight allowance of 350 lbs to accommodate 2 people – while it is an average 2 person weight, it is at the lower end of 2 person hammock ratings.
What To Look For When Buying a 2 Person Hammock with Wooden StandYes, double hammocks with wood stands are durable, functional and aesthetically pleasing, but they are most often at the higher end of hammock budgets. As they are slightly more expensive (though there are budget-friendly options available too), be sure that your money is well spent. If the wooden stand is too expensive, we’ve reviewed a range of other 2 person hammocks with stands of various styles to suit any budget. Below are a few things to look into when you are weighing up the options in a handy buyers guide:
1. The Wooden StandOne of the two most important elements of a wood frame hammock to consider is the stand. The stand can be made from many different types of wood including the hard and rot resistant European Larch Wood which is most commonly seen.
2. Fabric of the HammockThe next important component to consider is the fabric which makes up the swinging bed portion of the hammock. Again, this comes in a variety of options – the most popular being cotton and polyester or a blend of the two. Both fabrics are easy to clean and maintain. With the choice of fabric, determine beforehand if you intend on leaving your hammock and stand combo outdoors all year long. If that is your plan, you should invest in a hammock with reviews confirming that the fabric does not fade on sun or moisture exposure.
3. Accessories ProvidedWhen considering comfort for double hammocks with a wood stand, you should consider one with a UV resistant canopy for the mid-day summer siestas if you won’t have it in a shaded area.
4. Weight AllowanceGiven that we’re only looking at double hammocks with wooden stands, it must support a minimum weight allowance of 350 lbs. A few options easily hold up to 450 lbs. See what best works for you and your hammock buddy!
5. StyleWood frame hammocks are available in a variety of styles and it would be wise to pick one based on the space you choose to keep it in. They are not very portable. While the more casual varieties have colorful Brazilian hammocks to offset the styling wooden hammock stand, the more premium options stick to a more demure cream color palette.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About 2 Person Hammocks with Wooden Stands
Let us take a look at some of the common concerns that people have when it comes to double hammocks that have wooden stands.
Is it alright to leave my wood frame hammock outdoors all year long?
- Answer: This is highly dependent on a combination of factors, but it would be advised to keep the hammock indoors in storage during the harsh summer and extreme winter months/days. This contributes to an increase in the longevity of the hammock.
How can I clean and maintain a double hammock with a wooden stand?
- Answer: Detailed care instructions are usually provided by the manufacturers. Generally, the fabric on the hammock can be taken apart and washed in the machine. The wooden stand which most often comes treated, can be wiped down with a damp cloth since it is mold resistant.
How much weight can a 2 person hammock with wooden stand hold?
- Answer: Weight ratings will vary by product, however most products that advertise themselves as suitable for 2 people will have a weight rating of 350 lbs minimum. Generally 2 person hammocks are designed between 350 lbs and 450 lbs unless they are a heavy duty option.
A 2 person hammock with wooden stand can be the perfect addition to the backyard offering comfort, style, durability, and room for you and your loved one. They even come in styles including Carribean and Brazilian, with the option of a canopy to keep the UV, heat and rain away.